After two years of shutting their borders, New Zealand finally re-opens and starts easing some of the world’s toughest restrictions. This is great news for international students studying or planning to study here.
Their re-opening will have these key elements:
- Fully vaccinated citizens from all other countries can arrive from 13th March 2022
- Up to 5,000 international students with visas will be allowed into the country from 12th April 2022
- All visa categories to resume processing from October 2022
- You must provide a negative pre-departure test.
- You must meet vaccination requirements.
- You will self-isolate for a period of time after you arrive.
- You must do 2 rapid antigen tests (RATs) during your self-isolation period on day 0/1 and day 5/6 and declare your results.
For more information visit this link: https://covid19.govt.nz/international-travel/travel-to-new-zealand/when-new-zealand-borders-open/