Good news for student visa holders! If you held a student visa on or after 1st February 2020 and could not complete your course within the original visa validity because of the impacts of COVID-19, your visa application charge will be waived and allow you to submit a further student visa application if you:
- Deferred your study as you were unable to enter Australia because of travel restrictions.
- Forced to reduce to a part-time study load
- Unable to complete your work based on training or placements
Note that this measure does not apply to students who are applying for visas for other reasons. Other reasons include:
- Failed a course or unit of study
- Deferred for personal reasons
- Voluntarily reduced your study load
To request a fee waiver you must apply for a Student Visa and have your education provider fill out this form https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1545.pdf
This waiver only applies to visa application charges (VAC).
Moreover, students who are outside Australia and arrive in Australia between 19th January 2022 and 19th March 2022 are eligible for a VAC refund. For more information visit: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/refunds-and-waivers-visa-application-charges#toc-11